Public sector employed 1.2 million last year

Public sector employed 1.2 million last year

1721
0
SHARE
There were 709,256 Saudi men and 468,777 women employed in the public sector in the fiscal year 2014-2015.

RIYADH — There were 1,248,058 Saudi and expatriate government employees during the fiscal year 2014-2015, according to statistics of the Civil Service Ministry published on Sunday by local daily Al-Watan.

They consisted of 1,187,000 Saudis constituting about 94.39 percent of all the people employed by the government against 70,025 expatriate men and women who made the remaining 5.6 percent.

According to the ministry, there were 709,256 Saudi men and 468,777 women employed in the public sector while the expatriate men were 35,064 and women were 34,961.

The ministry said 272 men and women government employees were dismissed from their jobs last year by various government departments which also took disciplinary measures against 1,569 of them.

According to the ministry, 27,303 people were employed by the government during the year under review while 45,079 were promoted, 6,481 transferred among various ministries and departments.

It said the contracts of 4,305 employees were renewed and 480 training sessions and rehabilitating courses were held for government employees.

According to the ministry, 68 Saudi government employees were working in two different jobs.

NO COMMENTS