With a new summer season approaching in Saudi Arabia, many of us have started embracing the sun and organizing trips to the beach. Water sport activities like kitesurfing, sailing, and water skiing have also kicked off. Where there is outdoor and sunshine, there’s also photography. Water sport photography is growing in popularity and there are so many techniques involved in capturing everything from surfers and waves, to simply the sand or water itself.
1. Timing: Shoot during the golden hours! The time you choose to hit the beach can make a big difference when it comes to taking water shots. Try to plan your trip early morning as the sun rises or later in the afternoon as the sun goes down.
2. Optical image stabilization: If you’re on a sailing boat, you might experience shaky hands or body movement which can affect the image you take. Luckily, the Optical image stabilization feature helps to reduce any blur associated with motion and handshake.
3. Choose the best shot from ‘Burst Photos’: Given the fact that water sports can be very fast, capturing the right shot can be challenging. Tap and hold your shutter release button on the screen to snap an impressive 10 images a second. The camera’s software then analyses all images, looking at their quality and sharpness before selecting the best image.
4. Capturing magical shots: Your creative eye in photography is what will set you apart from the crowd. To capture the magical shot, many factors need to come into play. Pay attention to your surrounding and include any unique subjects in the foreground of the shot. For example, with the water resistant feature on iPhone 7, you will be able to capture the close up splashes and water droplets created by the sailing vessel at sea.
5. Lighting: Natural lighting in photos can give off a pure vibe that indoor lighting cannot offer. Specifically the lighting of the sun can create many stunning spectrums of colors throughout the day and could result in beautiful and vibrant photos.
6. Portrait Mode: Most photos look better when they convey a sense of depth as it helps to draw the viewer’s eye into the scene. To get this effect you can use the Portrait Mode feature available on iPhone 7 Plus which gives an artistic edge to your shot. It can be used to capture the beautiful red sea shores.
7. Capture Reflections
Reflection shots are a stunning way to feature water, especially when the water’s surface is fairly calm.
Photos taken by iPhone 7