SAUDI ARABIA

23 hurt as Houthi-fired missile intercepted over Najran

September 05, 2018
Col. Turki Al-Maliki
Col. Turki Al-Maliki

RIYADH – A total of 23 people sustained injuries in a ballistic missile attack on Wednesday evening by Iran-backed Houthi militias in the southern city of Najran.

Col. Turki Al-Maliki, spokesman of the Coalition Forces to restore legitimacy in Yemen, said that the missile, launched from Saada governorate of Yemen, was intercepted.

The falling the debris of the missile in residential areas caused minor injuries to 23 people.

“At 8.08 p.m. on Wednesday the Royal Saudi Air Defense Forces spotted the launch of the missile toward Najran and successfully intercepted and destroyed it. Houthi militias have so far fired 189 ballistic missiles toward the Kingdom and these have resulted in the death of a total of 112 civilians, including citizens and expatriates, and injury of hundreds of others,” Al-Maliki said.

The spokesman said this hostile action by the Houthi militia proves the Iranian regime’s continued involvement in supporting the armed group in clear and explicit defiance of the UN resolutions with the aim of threatening the security of not only Saudi Arabia but also the region and the world. -- SG/SPA


September 05, 2018
5110 views
HIGHLIGHTS
SAUDI ARABIA
40 minutes ago

Crown Prince accorded official welcome in Oman

SAUDI ARABIA
11 hours ago

Aramco announces $15.5 billion landmark gas pipeline deal with global consortium led by BlackRock

SAUDI ARABIA
11 hours ago

GCC chief condemns Houthi ballistic missile attack on Riyadh

X