SAUDI ARABIA

Employees trapped as furniture showroom catches fire

January 06, 2019



Civil Defense rescue teams evacuate people trapped inside a building on fire in Prince Sultan Street in Jeddah on Sunday. — SG photo by Abdulaziz Hammad
Civil Defense rescue teams evacuate people trapped inside a building on fire in Prince Sultan Street in Jeddah on Sunday. — SG photo by Abdulaziz Hammad

Abdulaziz Hammad



Saudi Gazette

JEDDAH —
A huge fire broke out at a furniture showroom on Prince Sultan Road in Jeddah Sunday afternoon.

Several employees were trapped inside the building that housed the furniture center. The building was instanlty filled with smoke and the trapped employees had to break the glass windows to survive as they started suffocating.

Civil Defense rescue teams arrived at the location and started evacuating the trapped employees within a few minutes.

Police and ambulance teams arrived at the scene to help the evacuated employees.

Civil Defense firefighters eventually managed to contain the fire. There were no reports of casualties.


January 06, 2019
1760 views
HIGHLIGHTS
SAUDI ARABIA
6 hours ago

Cloud Seeding Program plans to cover Makkah and Holy Sites using ground-based generators  

SAUDI ARABIA
6 hours ago

Saudi Arabia bans import of vehicles from 20 automakers that failed to submit supply plan

SAUDI ARABIA
8 hours ago

King Salman undergoes treatment after diagnosed with lung infection