SAUDI ARABIA

Attempt to smuggle 1,300 tons of Hashish foiled

December 28, 2019
1463628_304
1463628_304

By Sayyaf Al-Shahrani

Okaz / Saudi Gazette

ABHA —
The Border Guard last month foiled an attempt to smuggle in some 1,300 tons of Hashish through the southern borders and 79 people accused of involvement in the operation were arrested, according to Lt. Col. Musfir Al-Qiraini, spokesman of the Border Guard in the Southern Province.

He said during the past month a number of attempts to smuggle in some 1,326 kilograms of the narcotic Hashish were foiled.

He said the accused consisted of 54 Ethiopians, 16 Yemenis, five Somalis and four Saudis.

The spokesman said the quantity of the Hashish was confiscated and the accused referred to the concerned authorities pending trial.


December 28, 2019
4690 views
HIGHLIGHTS
SAUDI ARABIA
6 hours ago

Saudi Arabia condemns Israeli violations at Al-Aqsa Mosque and UN clinic in Gaza

SAUDI ARABIA
7 hours ago

Saudi Arabia posts SR49.8 billion travel surplus in 2024 as visitor spending hits SR153.6 billion

SAUDI ARABIA
7 hours ago

911 emergency centers handle over 2.8 million calls in March