SAUDI ARABIA

Saudi Arabia refutes ‘absurd’ claims of Bezos’s phone hacking

January 22, 2020
Saudi Arabia's Embassy in Washington is seen in this file photo. — AFP
Saudi Arabia's Embassy in Washington is seen in this file photo. — AFP



Saudi Gazette Report

DAVOS, Switzerland/WASHINGTON —
Saudi Arabia refuted the baseless claims of some recent media reports that suggest the Kingdom is behind a hacking of Amazon Inc founder Jeff Bezos’ phone.

Commenting on the reports, Saudi Arabia’s Foreign Minister Prince Faisal Bin Farhan termed the allegation as “absurd.”

“I think absurd is exactly the right word,” Prince Faisal told Reuters in an interview at the World Economic Forum annual meeting in Davos. “The idea that the crown prince would hack Jeff Bezos’ phone is absolutely silly.”

Earlier, the Saudi Embassy in Washington described those claims as “absurd” and called for an investigation.

“Recent media reports that suggest the Kingdom is behind a hacking of Mr. Jeff Bezos’ phone are absurd. We call for an investigation on these claims so that we can have all the facts out,” the embassy said in a tweet.

The Saudi Embassy statement was later reiterated by Finance Minister Mohammed Al-Jadaan on the sidelines of the WEF in Davos.

Bezos and Amazon Inc have so far not made any comments on the reports.


January 22, 2020
805 views
HIGHLIGHTS
SAUDI ARABIA
3 hours ago

Al-Jadaan: Crown Prince's directives confirm government's ability to bring back balance to real estate market

SAUDI ARABIA
3 hours ago

Saudi Arabia slams continued Israeli acts to destabilize Syria

SAUDI ARABIA
4 hours ago

Civil Defense warns of heavy rains across Saudi Arabia until Monday