World

Kuwait reports 195 coronavirus cases, 43 recoveries

March 25, 2020
Special forces wearing protective masks are seen at the entrance to a Kuwaiti hotel in Fahaheel where people evacuated from Iran are being held in quarantine. -- Courtesy photo
Special forces wearing protective masks are seen at the entrance to a Kuwaiti hotel in Fahaheel where people evacuated from Iran are being held in quarantine. -- Courtesy photo

By Joanne Serrieh

DUBAI -- Kuwait confirmed four new coronavirus cases in the past 24 hours, bringing the total to 195, a health ministry spokesman said on Wednesday.

Earlier in the day, Health Minister Dr. Basel Al-Saba said a total of 43 people have recovered from the deadly virus in Kuwait.

A total of 717 have been discharged from quarantine. The spokesman said the quarantine requirement is a precautionary measure and doesn’t necessarily mean a person was infected and has recovered. It means they are not currently infected and are no longer a suspected case. -- Al Arabiya English


March 25, 2020
510 views
HIGHLIGHTS
World
8 minutes ago

Death toll from Myanmar earthquake rises to 3,471

World
11 minutes ago

US revokes all visas for South Sudanese nationals over deportation dispute

World
22 hours ago

US Supreme Court allows Trump administration to halt $65 million in teacher grants