SAUDI ARABIA

Saudi Arabia confirms 96 new corona cases; death toll now 8

March 29, 2020
Ministry of Health spokesperson Dr. Muhammad Al-Abdel Ali.
Ministry of Health spokesperson Dr. Muhammad Al-Abdel Ali.



Saudi Gazette report

RIYADH —
Saudi Arabia reported 96 new coronavirus cases in the last 24 hours, as the number of virus-related deaths rose in the Kingdom rose to eight.

The total number of cases in Saudi Arabia is 1,299, Ministry of Health spokesperson Dr. Muhammad Al-Abdel Ali told a press conference here on Sunday.

Twelve people are currently in the intensive care unit (ICU) in critical condition, the spokesman said. He added that 66 people recovered.

Out of the 96 new cases detected on Sunday, 28 are related to travel and were quarantined upon their arrival, while 68 cases are of individuals who had direct contact with the previously infected people, the spokesman added.

In Riyadh, 27 cases were reported, and another 12 cases were found in Jeddah. There were 23 confirmed cases in Dammam, 7 in Makkah, and 14 in Madinah.

Four coronavirus cases were reported in Al-Khobar and two in Dhahran. Al-Qatif, Ras Tanura, Saihat, Hufof, Taif, Khamis Mushayt and Tabuk all reported one case in each city.


March 29, 2020
21000 views
HIGHLIGHTS
SAUDI ARABIA
51 minutes ago

Earthquake of 4.0 magnitude recorded in the Gulf, east of Jubail

SAUDI ARABIA
4 hours ago

Rain expected in Makkah and Jeddah on Saturday

SAUDI ARABIA
4 hours ago

Saudi Crown Prince, Iranian president discuss regional developments in Eid phone call