23 new coronavirus cases reported in Kuwait

120 views
Nurses walk in front of a makeshift coronavirus testing center at the Mishref Fair Grounds in Kuwait city in this file picture. — Courtesy photo

Saudi Gazette report

JEDDAH — Kuwait announced 23 new cases of coronavirus on Tuesday during the last 24 hours, bringing the total number confirmed COVID-19 cases to 289, Kuwait News Agency reported quoting the Ministry of Health.

During a daily press briefing, Health Ministry's spokesman Dr. Abdullah Al-Sanad said that one more patient has recovered from the virus, raising the total number of recoveries in the country to 73.

Out of the 23 new cases, eight are related to travel. They include three Kuwaitis who had traveled to the United Kingdom, two Kuwaitis who had traveled to Iran, and three other Kuwaitis who had come from France.

Meanwhile, 14 new cases were reported to have been contact with previously confirmed cases. They include three Kuwaitis, 10 Indians and one Bangladeshi.

One case is currently under epidemic investigation, the ministry spokesman said.

Out of the remaining 216 cases, 216 are still receiving necessary treatment, while 13 others are in intensive care units, including three in a critical condition.

The spokesman reiterated the need to follow the guidelines and instructions of Kuwaiti health authorities and the World Health Organization, primarily maintaining social distancing and home quarantine in order to curb the spread of the virus.


120 views