Saudi Arabia reports 472 new cases, 6 more deaths

15590 views



Saudi Gazette report

RIYADH —
Saudi Arabia has confirmed 472 new coronavirus cases over the past 24 hours, raising the total to 4,934, according to the health ministry.

The death toll is now 65 in the Kingdom after six new fatalities were recorded, Health Ministry spokesman Dr. Muhammad Al-Abdel Ali told a regular press briefing here on Monday. Two of the deceased are Saudi men, a 51-year-old and a 95-year-old. The remaining four are non-Saudis with ages ranging between 42 and 67 years.

Riyadh led with most of the cases (118) followed by 113 in Madinah and 95 in Makkah. There were 80 cases in Jeddah, 22 in Tabuk, eight each in Arar, Khulais and Taif, seven in Hufoof, five in Khamis Mushayt, two in Buraidah and one each in Qunfudah, Najran, Sabt Al-Alaya, Kharj, Dhahran and Ahad Rufeidah.

Most cases in Saudi Arabia have been detected in crowded labor worker communities and other crowded residential areas, Health Minister Tawfiq Al-Rabiah said recently.

The Kingdom recently extended a country-wide curfew until further notice in an effort to slow the spread of the virus. The curfew was initially implemented for three weeks.

Last week, Saudi Arabia imposed a 24-hour curfew and lockdown on the cities of Riyadh, Tabuk, Dammam, Dhahran and Hofuf and throughout the governorates of Jeddah, Taif, Qatif, and Al-Khobar.


15590 views