Coronavirus recovery numbers continue to grow in Saudi Arabia

Kingdom reports 1,701 new cases, 1,322 recoveries, 10 more deaths

13850 views



Saudi Gazette report

RIYADH —
Saudi Arabia registered 1,701 new cases of COVID-19 on Friday, pushing the total cases in the Kingdom to 35,432, the Ministry of Health said in a statement.


Ten more deaths linked to the coronavirus were also confirmed, bringing the total number of fatalities in the country to 229.

The ministry also revealed the recovery of 1,322 coronavirus patients, taking to 9,120 the total number of patients recovered in the Kingdom.

Of the new cases, 373 were recorded in Jeddah, 308 in Madinah, 246, in Makkah, 142 in Riyadh, 130 in Dammam and 122 in Juabil.

Giving the details of the new cases, Assistant Minister of Health and Health Ministry spokesman Dr. Muhammad Al-Abdulaali
said that out of the total 35,432 registered cases, 26,856 were active. Most of them were in stable health condition and receiving necessary treatment, while 141 cases were in critical condition.

Among the new cases, 382 were Saudi citizens accounting for 22 percent of the total figures while expatriates made up for the remaining 78 percent with 1,319 cases.

Thirteen percent of the new cases were females and 87 percent were males, the spokesman said.

Four percent of the newly detected cases were children, three percent were from the elderly (more than 65-years-old), and the remaining 93 percent were adults, Al-Abdulaali added.

As per the age category, the elderly (more than 65-years-old) constituted 3 percent of cases reported on Friday, children four percent and 93 percent of the case were adults.

Among the deceased, one was a Saudi citizen, nine were from different nationalities, and all of them were between 25-58 years old. The deaths took place in Jeddah, Makkah, Madinah and Riyadh.


13850 views