Saudi Arabia sees downward trend in coronavirus infections 

17892 views

Saudi Gazette report

RIYADH — Saudi Arabia reported 2,235 new coronavirus cases and nine more deaths, bringing the total number of cases in the Kingdom to 74,765 and the virus-related death toll to 399, according to a statement from the Ministry of Health.

The ministry also announced that 2,148 more patients have recovered, taking the total number of recoveries in the country to 45, 668.


Saudi Arabia has seen a downward trend in the number of new infections. There has been a slight drop in number cases over the last four days.

Monday’s number is slightly lower than the last four days in which 2,399 2,442, 2,532 and 2,642 cases were registered.



Of the newly-detected cases, Riyadh again saw the most number of cases, 765, followed by Makkah and Jeddah with 416 and 350 cases respectively while Madinah had 184 and Dammam reported 113 cases.

Health ministry spokesman Dr. Muhammad Al-Abdel Ali
said that among the new cases, 27 percent are female while 73 percent are male. He also said that 41 percent of the new cases are of citizens while the remaining 59 percent are of expatriates.

17892 views