World

UAE announces 450 new coronavirus cases, 2 more deaths

June 25, 2020
This brings the total number of the confirmed COVID-19 cases in the country to 46,133 and the virus-related fatalities to 307 so far. — Courtesy photo
This brings the total number of the confirmed COVID-19 cases in the country to 46,133 and the virus-related fatalities to 307 so far. — Courtesy photo

Saudi Gazette report

ABU DHABI — The United Arab Emirates on Wednesday announced 450 new coronavirus cases and two more deaths in the past 24 hours, according to a statement from the country’s Ministry of Health and Prevention carried by state news agency WAM.

This brings the total number of the confirmed COVID-19 cases in the country to 46,133 and the virus-related fatalities to 307 so far.

The new cases, all of whom are in a stable condition and receiving the necessary care, were detected after conducting more than 44,291 additional coronavirus tests among different segments of the society over the past few days, the ministry said.

The ministry also said that 702 more patients have completely recovered from the deadly disease after receiving necessary medical care, raising the total number of recoveries to 34,405.

A total of 11,421 patients are currently receiving treatment in health facilities in the country, the ministry added.

The ministry expressed its sincere condolences to the families of the deceased and wished a speedy recovery to all patients.

It urged the public to cooperate with health authorities and comply with all precautionary measures, particularly social distancing protocols, to ensure the safety and protection of all.


June 25, 2020
90 views
HIGHLIGHTS
World
38 minutes ago

Death toll from Myanmar earthquake rises to 3,471

World
41 minutes ago

US revokes all visas for South Sudanese nationals over deportation dispute

World
22 hours ago

US Supreme Court allows Trump administration to halt $65 million in teacher grants