World

Kuwait registers 587 new COVID-19 cases, 2 deaths

September 29, 2020
Kuwait on Tuesday recorded 587 new coronavirus cases over the past 24 hours, taking the total number of confirmed infections in the country to 105,568. — Courtesy photo
Kuwait on Tuesday recorded 587 new coronavirus cases over the past 24 hours, taking the total number of confirmed infections in the country to 105,568. — Courtesy photo

Saudi Gazette report

KUWAIT CITY — Kuwait on Tuesday recorded 587 new COVID-19 cases over the past 24 hours, taking the total number of confirmed infections in the country to 105,568, according to a statement from the Ministry of Health carried by state news agency KUNA.

The ministry also announced two more deaths from complications caused by COVID-19, raising the total number of fatalities resulting from the disease to 607.

According to the ministry’s spokesman Dr. Abdullah Al-Sanad, there are currently 7,912 active cases in the country out of which 127 are receiving treatment in intensive care units.

A total of 4,014 tests were conducted over the past 24 hours, taking the total number of COVID-19 examinations in the country so far to 742,797, said Al-Sanad.

Earlier in the day, the health ministry said that 538 more patients have recovered from COVID-19 over the past 24 hours, bringing the total number of recoveries to 96,049.


September 29, 2020
HIGHLIGHTS
World
21 minutes ago

Indian parliament passes controversial bill on Muslim waqf properties

World
51 minutes ago

Myanmar leader heads to Bangkok as quake deaths climb to 3,000

World
hour ago

Hungary says it will pull out of ICC as Orban hosts Israel’s Netanyahu