World

Kuwait registers 411 new COVID-19 cases, 3 deaths

October 02, 2020
Kuwait on Friday recorded 411 new coronavirus cases over the past 24 hours, raising the total number of confirmed infections in the country to 106,087. — Courtesy photo
Kuwait on Friday recorded 411 new coronavirus cases over the past 24 hours, raising the total number of confirmed infections in the country to 106,087. — Courtesy photo

Saudi Gazette report

KUWAIT CITY — Kuwait on Friday recorded 411 new coronavirus cases over the past 24 hours, raising the total number of confirmed infections in the country to 106,087, according to a statement from the Ministry of Health carried by state news agency KUNA.

The ministry also announced three more deaths from complications caused by COVID-19, raising the total number of fatalities resulting from the disease to 615.

According to the ministry’s spokesman Dr. Abdullah Al-Sanad, there are currently 7,574 active cases in the country out of which 137 are receiving treatment in intensive care units.

A total of 2,612 tests were conducted over the past 24 hours, taking the total number of COVID-19 examinations in the country so far to 753,775, said Dr. Al-Sanad.

Earlier in the day, the health ministry said that 701 more patients have recovered from COVID-19 over the past 24 hours, bringing the total number of recoveries to 97,898.


October 02, 2020
HIGHLIGHTS
World
16 hours ago

India passes controversial bill on Muslim waqf properties after fierce debate

World
17 hours ago

Thai arrest warrant issued for US academic under ban on insulting royalty

World
18 hours ago

Libya expels aid groups accused of 'African' population plot