SAUDI ARABIA

Saudi air defenses destroys ballistic missile targeting Eastern Region; Aramco facilities safe

September 04, 2021
File photo of Dammam city.
File photo of Dammam city.

Saudi Gazette report

RIYADH — Saudi Arabia's air defenses have intercepted and destroyed a ballistic missile launched by the Iran-backed Houthis militia towards the Eastern Region.

The Eastern Region is home to significant oil infrastructure, which has been previously been targeted and hit by cross-border attacks claimed by the Houthis.

A source told Okaz/Saudi Gazette that there was no impact on facilities belonging to Saudi Aramco and that the attack happened outside the areas of Aramco facilities.

The Arab Coalition shortly after said it intercepted a ballistic missile headed for Najran. The Arab Coalition stressed that the Houthi militia is deliberately targeting civilians and civilian objects.

The Coalition stressed that its forces are taking operational measures to protect civilians and deal with any threat.


September 04, 2021
9701 views
HIGHLIGHTS
SAUDI ARABIA
hour ago

Al-Jadaan: Crown Prince's directives confirm government's ability to bring back balance to real estate market

SAUDI ARABIA
2 hours ago

Saudi Arabia slams continued Israeli acts to destabilize Syria

SAUDI ARABIA
3 hours ago

Civil Defense warns of heavy rains across Saudi Arabia until Monday